New LA Dodger Hitting Coach, Mike Easler

Go down

Post  RedMagma on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:45 am

http://mlbonxm.blogspot.com/

“I want to know these guys inside out, when I start to understand them, they will be able to hit the ball to all fields, they will know and understand how to go the other way with authority because that’s what I preach and that is what is important to be successful in the big leagues. You have to hit the ball the other way.” - Mike Easler on his hitting philosophy

“I’ve never felt such a quiet intensity and a great knowledge of the game and a better knowledge of people than when I met with Joe Torre. When I sat down with Joe Torre I was hoping he would trust his professional instinct about people, coaches and passion and I knew that if I had the opportunity to look in his eyes, he would feel my passion for the game and the passion I have for hitting and he would hire me, I love this game and I love hitting and I know what it takes to play this game and I said if I have the opportunity to coach under Joe Torre it would be the greatest thing that happened in my life and Joe Torre felt the love and respect I have for the kids and the game and that’s why I think he hired me.” - Mike Easler on coaching under Joe Torre.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New LA Dodger Hitting Coach, Mike Easler

Post  RedMagma on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:47 am

Michael Cuddyer discusses Contracts

“It’s a pretty confusing process if you haven’t gone through it before…it’s my third time going through it…It's something you sit down with your agent and you look at the comparables, you look at who you compared to in previous years and what they have received, you try and figure out a number, a number you can win with in arbitration and try and figure a number the team is going to submit and then try and figure out what that mid-point is going to be…right now, we’ve exchanged numbers, we look at the mid- point, now we go back to the negotiating table with the Twins.. We have a parameter to work with, hopefully we can figure something out within that parameter, but with me last year, I was in the hearing, in the room, and we wound up working out a deal in the hallway, right outside of the arbitration room…” - Michael Cuddyer on his negotiations with the Twins

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 am

Super Agent Scott Boras

“Well we did finish up the contract and Alex ended up with a contract that really will pay him counting the dollars he got from opt out from the Texas Rangers, about 314 million dollars over ten years, he’s where he wanted to play. Obviously the past of this negotiation was a bit unusual as you would have them. Certainly we’ve felt that Alex was going to be a player that would be in the 30 million dollar range, that number or numbers that were thrown out I think was done by a television pundit and that’s all we know about it but the idea of what occurs and what goes on in a negotiation obviously with one of my clients I keep confidential as required by an attorney but I can tell you that Alex going into the year is very happy about being in New York, it’s where he wanted to be, he’s very happy about his contract. The path of this contract is something that again when you’re going for a ten year contract for a player and getting him paid to the 42 I think it is public that the negotiation was at 8 years and 230 when we did opt out and then the fact is that Alex had to take matters in his own hands to get those extra couple years and he did and when I got the contract back we were able to work it out with the Yankees to get the 30 million dollars for his milestone provision which will allow him to get to the point of making 305 million dollars. So it’s a pretty extraordinary contract and a very extraordinary player and I think the Yankees and Alex are very happy about what occurred.” - Scott Boras talking about the A-rod situation

“You have Bedard and Santana, both players who’ve been mentioned in major deals with a variety of teams, obviously when the deals do not take place or in some instances go forward, cause one team if they sign Santana they may go and sign Kyle Lohse and make a big run for it, in another instance should they lose the pitchers or don’t get the pitchers in the trade, obviously they are going to need a pitcher because they didn’t get one of the two pitchers maybe trade and then they move forward. So it’s certainly not a situation where Kyle Lohse is not coveted, it’s a situation where we’re trying to certainly optimize his situation and put him into an environment that is most desirable for him, so we’re certainly talking every day on the phones about when teams have finally made the decision that they’re in or out of those deals and then we’ll move forward and get Kyle signed up.” - Scott Boras on how the Santana and Bedard trade rumors are affecting the Kyle Lohse negotiations

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:53 am

Show me da money

For the 2008 season.................................

A-Rod..................................................27M

Giambi..................................................21M

Jeter......................................................20M

Abreu.....................................................16M

Pettitte...................................................16M

Rivera....................................................15M

Posada..................................................13M

Matsui....................................................13M

Damon...................................................13M

Mussina.................................................11M

Pavano...................................................11M

Farnsworth............................................5.5M

Igawa......................................................4M

Hawkins.................................................3.7M

Molina......................................................2M

Cano/Wang/Cabrera. .................approx 10M combined after resignings.

Just between these players it comes to AROUND 192M.

As reported in todays Daily news our total salary for last season was $218,311,394

I don't know if the figure includes GM, coaches & mgrs. But when you include all the other players for the upcoming season we'll probably exceed last seasons #s.

On a positive note though we have between 60-80M coming off the books for the 09 season.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down