Theo: We Do Things Different Than The Yankees

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:35 am

Ht to Steve Lombardi of Waswatching

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/sports/baseball/30epstein.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

From the Times -

“If someone wants to compare us to the Yankees based on winning and results, that’s an incredible standard,” said [Theo] Epstein, the general manager of the Boston Red Sox. “If they want to compare us to the Yankees in how we do things, that’s a little off base.”

The Yankees may disagree, considering that Boston had a $143 million payroll last season, second only to theirs in all of baseball. But the way Epstein and his staff made decisions propelled the Red Sox to their second championship in four seasons.

This notion that "homegrown players contributed directly to the [Red Sox] title" (as the Times reports to back up Epstein) is a hoot.

Yes, Papelbon, Pedroia and Youkilis were a big part of the team. And, yes, prospects brought the team Lowell and Beckett.

However, it was money that allowed the Red Sox to take on Lowell and Beckett. And, it was money that brought the Red Sox Manny Ramirez, Curt Schilling, J.D. Drew, Coco Crisp and Julio Lugo - and, Matsuzaka and Okajima too.

I give the Red Sox all the credit in the world for finding David Oritz and Tim Wakefield, like they did, when anyone could have went after them.

But, again, when the NY Times claims that "the way Epstein and his staff made decisions propelled the Red Sox to their second championship in four seasons," they make it sound as if spending huge amounts of cash had little to do with it. And, that's just not true.
Funny that Theo is now spouting off Larry Lucchino's trademark "little engine that could" nonsense. If this happened in NY, we'd be speculating that Larry was being marginalized because the little house-boy was stealing his lines.The Redsox Payroll are still highest in baseball only second to the Yankees. How do D-rays,and Marlins Fans feel about Redsox Payroll who has quadruple than in their own team payroll? The Redsox and their management are bunch of Hypocrites. They're keep denying they're not Evil like Yankees. They're like to point fingers at Yankees and blame them for ruining baseball, yet Boston Redsox desire to be The New Evil empire and Be like The Yankees. Spending Money on High-Price Free agents. Where is double standard by Media?

Anytime the NYT writes stuff like this, just remember that they own 20% of the team so it's as much about taking up column width on a slow news day as it is about boosting and promoting the in-house brand.

I never read the Boston Globe or the Boston Herald so I can't know for sure...but my guess is that those papers don't often run features where Yankee executives are interviewed. It only shows you where the Times' loyalty lies. It's so disgusting and sad...

As to the point of the article, everyone that knows baseball knows it's total bullshit. Mainstream media is no longer about reporting facts or providing a full picture. It's all about agenda-shoveling. In this case, the Times is on its crusade to paint the Yanks as the big, bad, steroids-taking monsters that everyone wants to believe they are.

Theo is correct. The Yankees don't do backdoor dealings that should have prompted an investigation by MLB (JD Drew anyone?) or use TV screens in the bullpen to get the opposing teams signals (anyone remember that?).

They have won twice in 4 years, congrats, but the Yankees stand alone at the top for putting forth the greatest of all time teams even when we have choke artists like Alex Rodrigez and wastes of $$$ players like Pavano...

Every other team PLAYS baseball. The Yankees ARE baseball...

Last edited by on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Theo: We Do Things Different Than The Yankees

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:45 am

Anytime the NYT writes stuff like this, just remember that they own 20% of the team so it's as much about taking up column width on a slow news day as it is about boosting and promoting the in-house brand.

I never read the Boston Globe or the Boston Herald so I can't know for sure...but my guess is that those papers don't often run features where Yankee executives are interviewed. It only shows you where the Times' loyalty lies. It's so disgusting and sad...

As to the point of the article, everyone that knows baseball knows it's total bullshit. Mainstream media is no longer about reporting facts or providing a full picture. It's all about agenda-shoveling. In this case, the Times is on its crusade to paint the Yanks as the big, bad, steroids-taking monsters that everyone wants to believe they are.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two Regions, Two Loyalties and Two Extremes

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 am

Sports of The Times
Two Regions, Two Loyalties and Two Extremes

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/sports/28araton.html?ref=baseball

Article Tools Sponsored By
By HARVEY ARATON
Published: December 28, 2007

Somewhere in Connecticut, at the border separating sports fans that prefer their teams from the north and those who swing to the south, they are counting down to Saturday night with bated breath and with disparate agendas from opposite sides of the great emotional divide.
Skip to next paragraph
Enlarge This Image
Left, Suzy Allman for The New York Times; Jim Rogash/Getty Images

Giants enthusiasts are hoping Eli Manning, left, can lead his team to a victory and keep Tom Brady and the Patriots from completing the first 16-0 regular season in N.F.L. history Saturday.
Enlarge This Image
Left, David Zalubowski/Associated Press; Chang W. Lee/The New York Times

Jonathan Papelbon, far left, after the Red Sox claimed their second title in four seasons. Ron Villone, left, Shelly Duncan and Johnny Damon after the Yankees lost in an A.L. division series.
Enlarge This Image
Left, Winslow Townson/Associated Press; Barton Silverman/The New York Times

The Celtics have flourished with Paul Pierce, far left, and Kevin Garnett, winning 23 of their first 26 games. The Knicks have floundered with Eddy Curry, left, and Stephon Marbury.

Northern Guy, the Patriots fan, believes the schedule could not have broken better, with only the Giants in the way of the first 16-0 regular season in N.F.L. history.

“Patsies for the Pats’ special occasion,” he is thinking.

Southern Man, the Giants enthusiast, prays for an Eli Manning miracle.

“Last chance this year to paint a pimple on Tom Brady’s pretty face and wipe that smug smile off Northern Guy,” he is thinking.

If only until 2008, when the Patriots could well win their fourth Super Bowl of the decade, the Celtics their N.B.A.-best 17th championship and the dynasty-building Red Sox a third World Series over five years after a championship-barren 86.

First things first. Tom Coughlin and the Giants are saying they will at least take a shot at the big, bad Bill Belichick machine.

Granted, the Patriots didn’t win the Super Bowl in 2007, but the year did begin with the Patriots blowing the Jets out of last season’s playoffs. More likely than not, it will end with them running past the Giants into their very own chapter in the N.F.L. history book.

Between those bookend games, across the spectrum of mass-appeal professional sports, America’s greatest regional rivalry has not been a pretty sight for the New York fan, as reflected by The Boston Globe on the morning after Christmas.

Plastered down the sports front page were Jonathan Papelbon in a triumphant crouch, an exultant Randy Moss after another connection with Brady and an open-mouthed, wide-eyed and not-wanting-to-be-pinched Kevin Garnett.

The headline included the numbers 2, 0, 0, 7, separated by the following declarations, aligned with the corresponding photographs: Unstoppable (Red Sox), Undefeated (Patriots) and Unbelievable (Celtics).

What would the 2007 New York equivalent be? Try Undignified (the Yankees making an October off-field spectacle of themselves after losing again in the first round), Unwatchable (the Mets committing the worst September choke in baseball history) and Unbearable (any snapshot from the Knicks’ continuing and incomparable dysfunction).

On the basketball front, another season withers on the Madison Square Garden vine, but Stephon Marbury goes on grieving for his father while somehow remaining clear-headed enough to file a grievance against the team that is paying him for not playing. Eddy Curry, Isiah Thomas’s pipe dream of a franchise center, has become a bumbling bench player. And Zach Randolph, a former Jail Blazer, is thinking that these Knicks make his former team look like the Celtics of McHale, Parish and Bird.

In Boston, the new Big Three of Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce won 23 of their first 26 games, including a 104-59 annihilation of the Knicks. After a combined five titles by the Patriots and the Red Sox, the restoration of the Celtics has turned this holiday season into the Boston We Party.

“The State of Our Teams is embarrassingly good,” the columnist Bob Ryan gushed Wednesday in The Globe. Pondering this possibility of extended excellence, he asked: “Are we that virtuous? Are we that lovable? Are we that deserving? Are we that worthy?”

All questions for Northern Guy to field with a vigorous nod, while Southern Man sadly wonders if his life can actually get worse.

In 2007, the Red Sox snapped the Yankees’ nine-year run of divisional titles, rallied from a 3-1 deficit in the American League Championship Series against the Indians and swept the Rockies in the World Series.

The Yankees bugged out in Cleveland, were eliminated at home and upstaged the rest of the postseason with the tacky Joe Torre saga and the grubby Alex Rodriguez contract intrusion during the Red Sox’ Series-clinching game in Denver.

Just to prove that the Yankees and A-Rod still don’t get it, they officially announced their roughly $300 million remarriage on the day the Mitchell report on steroids was released and all of baseball should have bowed its collective head in shame.

Speaking of the report, there was scant mention of the Red Sox while the Yankees (and the Mets) were portrayed as virtual home offices for performance enhancement. Keeping with our theme, Boston’s Roger Clemens will always be remembered as a comparatively svelte, flame-throwing wonder. New York’s Roger Clemens stands accused by the Mitchell report of being a fake.

In 2007, the Jets’ Eric Mangini embarrassed his old boss, Belichick, by exposing him as a signal-stealer and a breaker of league rules, but a season-opening defeat to the Patriots greased a Jets skid back to the competitive drawing board.

Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution reached the championship, eliminating the New York/New Jersey Red Bulls along the way. Even at the college level, Boston College flirted with the top of the rankings while Rutgers peaked with victories over Buffalo and Norfolk State.

In Connecticut, Northern Guy had a flashback. “Coughlin, Coughlin,” he said. “Didn’t he once coach B.C.?”

Southern Man could only bite his lip, keep the faith in Eli and wait for news on the Johan Santana front.

E-mail: hjaraton@nytimes.com

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:52 am

The Hash Post Postgame Report

December 30, 2007 6:53 AM

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-4-330/The-Hash-Post-Postgame-Report.html

* At least a couple of Giants thought they were hosed by the officials last night. I agree that the personal foul on Amani Toomer in the fourth quarter was ridiculous, but I don't think Mike Carey's crew set any records for poor calls. Of course, receiver Plaxico Burress would disagree with me.

"That was the worst officiating I've been a part of in eight years," he said.

But on a night they pushed the best team in football to the brink, the Giants shouldn't be whining about the officiating. I've seen much worse.

* I cornered Patriots safety Rodney Harrison as he grabbed a couple of sticks of celery on his way to the team bus. He seemed genuinely hurt when I asked him how much time he and his teammates had spent talking about a 16-0 season.

"It's so disrespectful to talk about a perfect season when a team is waiting to kick your butt," he said. "That's what you guys want us to talk about. And honestly, we don't care about what you write."

I'm pretty sure Harrison was talking about the collective "you," and not Hashmarks. By the way, Harrison was on the wrong end of a couple of punishing runs by Giants running back Brandon Jacobs. He's still a great leader on this team, but Jacobs made him look really, really bad in the open field a couple of times.

* If I'm counting correctly, Randy Moss addressed reporters for only the third time this season. He was thrilled to break the season touchdown catch record (23) that Jerry Rice established in 1987. But I wouldn't call it the most gracious postgamee interview.

"I don't really think that me breaking Jerry Rice's record was special," Moss said. "I think shutting you guys up was really what made it special. All the negativity and all my critics, I think this really is a good feeling to be able to come in and have a good season like this, to have confidence in myself that I can still get it done. And still I really wasn't coming into the season not thinking that I was going to have a good season. My mindset was to come out here and have a helluva of a season. Just wanted to come up here and play some good football this year, knowing that it was my 10th year in the league."

I wonder if the Giants still think it was a good idea to double Wes Welker instead of Moss on that 65-yard touchdown. The Giants couldn't stop the pass Saturday. Welker exposed rookie cornerback Aaron Ross. He's just impossible to cover for more than about two seconds. When a play breaks down, Welker is usually a nice option. He's like the kid you always got mad at for constantly running in circles in pickup basketball. He's relentless, and the Dolphins were nuts to let him go.

* Reiss' Pieces was kind enough to provide us with quotes from the Tom Brady news conference.

* Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli jokingly scolded me for my lack of "bedside manner" following the game. My pre-game conversation with Pioli deteriorated moments after I asked about his father-in-law, Bill Parceslls.

"Im going to relish this game for two nights," he said. "Then it's back to work."

* William Rhoden couldn't help himself. He wrote a really nice column on the NFL Network fiasco, and then he comes back with something on Bill Belichick's cheating heart.

* The Giants may have earned a lot of respect around the league by taking their best punch at the Patriots, but they potentially lost three starters: center Shaun O'Hara (knee), linebacker Kawika Mithchell (knee) and cornerback Sam Madison (abdominal strain). By the way, we won't find out what day the Giants play the Bucs until tonight

* In other Giants news, I'm convinced that Tom Coughlin will remain the head coach no matter what happens in Tampa next weekend.

* Apparently I wasn't the only one who ran into some problems leaving Giants Stadium last night.

* Eli Manning was brilliant for three quarters last night. He finished 22 of 32 for 251 yards, four touchdowns and one costly interception. He made nice decisions and I thought the 19-yard touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress in the right corner of the end zone was one of the best of his career. He was facing a second-and-6 on that interception in the fourth quarter, and just got greedy. There was no reason to try and force that ball between two defenders.

But the Giants could be a dangerous playoff team if Manning starts playing like this on a regular basis. OK, I'm signing off

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:54 am

Great article IceMan. Very true too. The Red Sox and their fans are loony if they think they didn't buy that championship as much as the Yankees do. Next year at this time, our payroll will be much less than it is now.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:10 am

MLB 2k8 screen shots

The graphics are awesome on A-Rod but it doesn't look anything like him. They did a great job on Lowell though

Last edited by on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:10 am

New Canseco Book Due Opening Day

From the Post -

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12302007/news/nationalnews/canseco_baring_more_juicy_details_in_ste_180339.htm

José Canseco has inked a deal to publish a sequel to his blockbuster steroid tell-all, "Juiced," his lawyer said.

"It will be an unjaundiced view, without the rose-colored glasses that [The Mitchell Report] obviously put on," said Robert Saunooke, Canseco's attorney.

As reported by The Post earlier this month, the former major leaguer and admitted steroid user humbly calls the new tome "Vindicated."

It comes some three years after "Juiced" hit shelves with steroids charges against players like Jason Giambi, who went on to be named in the Mitchell Report.

The new book will hit shelves on baseball's Opening Day this coming spring.

Saunooke said the sequel is set to be published by Penguin Books and will be co-written by former Sports Illustrated reporter Don Yaeger.

Saunooke declined to discuss any big players named or any big details revealed in the book, but said that it would be a more complete version of the Mitchell Report, which stunned the nation with steroid allegations against the likes of Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte.

Saunooke said when former Sen. George Mitchell initially began his investigation, he contacted Canseco and Saunooke, who provided "tons of information and background" on steroid use in Major League Baseball.

I suspect that Canseco will probably have a whole chapter on the 2000 Yankees.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:11 am

From the Times -

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/sports/baseball/30epstein.html

“If someone wants to compare us to the Yankees based on winning and results, that’s an incredible standard,” said [Theo] Epstein, the general manager of the Boston Red Sox. “If they want to compare us to the Yankees in how we do things, that’s a little off base.”

This notion that "homegrown players contributed directly to the [Red Sox] title" (as the Times reports to back up Epsetin) is a hoot.

Yes, Papelbon, Pedroia and Youkilis were a big part of the team. And, yes, prospects brought the team Lowell and Beckett.

However, it was money that allowed the Red Sox to take on Lowell and Beckett. And, it was money that brought the Red Sox Manny Ramirez, Curt Schilling, J.D. Drew, Coco Crisp and Julio Lugo - and, Matsuzaka and Okajima too.

I give the Red Sox all the credit in the world for finding David Oritz and Tim Wakefield, like they did, when anyone could have went after them.

But, again, when the Times claims that "the way Epstein and his staff made decisions propelled the Red Sox to their second championship in four seasons," they make it sound as if spending huge amounts of cash had little to do with it. And, that's just not true.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A-Rod, Giambi, Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton, And...Coco Crisp?

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:11 am

A-Rod, Giambi, Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton, And...Coco Crisp?

From the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/1230sb-sportsshows1230.html

When the Super Bowl comes to town, it brings a media circus with it. The networks will be sending their big guns to the Valley to cover the game, plus all the festivities that go along with it.

That means opportunities will abound for Valley fans who'd love to impress their pals by popping up in the background of their favorite sports shows.

Portions of several Fox shows will be taped in the Valley, including FSN Final Score, Fox NFL Sunday and The OT. The Best Damn Sports Show Period will broadcast live from the Bird's Nest of the FBR Open in Scottsdale on Jan. 28-Feb. 1.

If you have $300 to spare, the Best Damn Super Bowl Party Period will feature a performance by Ludacris and hosting duties courtesy of Rodney and Holly Robinson Peete and Jenny McCarthy.

The party will be held Jan. 31 at the exclusive Rockridge Estate compound, according to the network Web site, which says to expect such celebrities as Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton, Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen, Warren Moon, Alex Rodriquez, Jason Giambi, Coco Crisp, Jeremy Piven, Vida Guerra, Brooke Burke, Kim Kardashian and Travis Barker. (Details: www.bestdamnsuperbowlpartyperiod.com) The bash will benefit the Peetes' HollyRod Foundation.

Coco Crisp? How does he sneak in there?

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:16 am

Report: Moyer, Ibanez say Monahan's steroid claims unfounded

ESPN.com news services

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3173586

Some current and former members of the Mariners are disputing the claim of former Seattle outfielder Shane Monahan that the clubhouse culture led him to use steroids and amphetamines with the hopes of lengthening his major league career.

Raul Ibanez

Ibanez

Jamie Moyer

Moyer

Monahan openly admitted to ESPN.com that he used performance-enhancing drugs. His claims didn't sit well with current Mariner Raul Ibanez and longtime Seattle pitcher Jamie Moyer, who played for the Philadelphia Phillies in 2007.

"It's amazing to me that a guy like Shane -- a guy who was up and down at best and had a very limited cup of coffee with us -- would be able to know what was going on," Ibanez told The Seattle Times. "I was up and down like he was. I was in that same boat that he was in, and everyone makes their choice."

Ibanez told the paper that his workout regimen, not steroids, have helped him remain a major league player.

"In 10 years, I've never seen a person take a steroid," Ibanez told the Seattle Times. "I've never had anyone come to me in a major-league clubhouse and offer me any." Moyer echoed Ibanez's statements.

"I choose not to get involved with all of that stuff," Moyer told the paper. "We're all grown men of many different ages. If he's throwing people under the bus, that's his choice, but it disappoints me."

The veteran pitcher disputed Monahan's recollections directly.

"I can tell you that I was there for 10 years and I never saw anyone take steroids," Moyer said, according to the paper.

"This will be my 20th year in the major leagues, and I don't even know what a steroid looks like. If I have to start relying on those things, after so many years in the game, then it's time to pack it in. That's the way I look at things."

Mariners president Chuck Armstrong told the paper that the team was unaware of the validity of any of Monahan's allegations.

"We're surprised and disappointed," Armstrong said. "As I've said all along, we fully support the commissioner's initiatives. There is now testing for amphetamines, and access to the clubhouse has been tightened a great deal since those days."

Ken Griffey Jr., the face of the Mariners franchise during his 11-season tenure in Seattle, declined comment through his agent.

"Junior already reacted to the Mitchell report when it came out, and Kenny's just never been a part of that culture anyway," his agent Brian Goldberg told the paper.

Monahan was never mentioned in the Mitchell report on steroid use in baseball. He did talk to ESPN.com about his motivation for speaking up.

"I'm not a superstar. Nobody remembers who I am. But you know what? I don't want kids from college or kids from high school going through what I had to go through," Monahan told ESPN.com's Mike Fish. "I certainly don't want my son, 20 years from now, having to be faced with that decision so he could play professional sports."

The paper also reported that several Mariners players who were named in the Mitchell report did play in Seattle during Monahan's brief stay in the majors, including Ryan Franklin, Glenallen Hill, David Segui and Todd Williams.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:24 am

Sunday, December 30, 2007
Derek Jeter Is God

I thought this was pretty funny. Peter Abraham runs a rather popular Yankees site but he just happens to be a Patriots fan. He made the mistake of comparing Tom Brady and Derek Jeter to each other in one of his posts tonight. And in response he got a lot of flack from his readers asking how you could begin to compare the two when Jeter is so much better.

I'm not really much of a Pats fan, but come on.

I'm not even going to talk about the value of a quarterback compared to that of a shortstop. Let's just take a quick look at the facts here. Derek Jeter's been playing since 1995. He has four titles, no MVP awards, one World Series MVP award, and no records of any significance. On the other hand, Tom Brady's been playing since 2001. He has three titles, and is favored to win a fourth, he's a lock for the MVP award, he has two Super Bowl MVP awards, and holds the record for highest ever QB rating and the most touchdown passes in a season.

If Yankees fans can't even handle that bit of truth, I can't imagine what it will be like for them to watch Jeter the Immortal age. He's only 33-years-old and he's already one of the lesser fielding shortstops in baseball. And what would happen if he went to a different team?

In a few years the Yankees will likely have to move Jeter somewhere else. Second and third seem filled up for some time into the future. Are they going to stick with Jeter at an offensive position like first base when he's struggling to put up an OPS of .800 year in and year out? Well I guess I can only hope they do as a Red Sox fan

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 am

http://modernrooters.blogspot.com/

Friday, December 28, 2007
Yankees Offense Due for Recession In 2008

Going into the 2007 season, there was speculation that the Yankees offense was primed to score north of 1,000 runs on the year. Yet, even with career years from Posada (+.103 OPS from 2006) and Rodriguez (+.153 OPS from 2006) the Yankees still fell short of the mark. So what happened?

Well, to put it most simply, aging. The Yankees went into 2007 with two members of their regular lineup younger than their age 33 season. And while you'd be hard pressed to see declining trends in the production of many of the aging Yankees vets going into last season, the age of 33 or 34 is typically when players begin to hit a wall.

And hitting a wall is exactly what much of the Yankees offense did in 2007. Bobby Abreu posted the worst OPS of his career. Both Matsui and Giambi posted the second worst OPS's of their career in 2007, and Damon posted the third worst OPS of his career in the same year. But those numbers don't tell the entire story.

Of all the members of the Yankees offense, Giambi's declining production is probably most concerning. Giambi figures to start the season as the Yankees starting first baseman. And even if he doesn't play the entire season in that role, he'll likely receive quite a bit of playing time there as the Yankees would prefer to DH Matsui and don't have a solid option as a backup first baseman.

Jason Giambi will be 37-years-old in 2008 and is riddled by health issues, likely related to his previous PED use. Last year, Giambi had an OPS of .790 which is well below average for a first baseman. He also struck out every 3.84 at bats, striking out more often than he got a hit. Most concerning about Giambi, however, is the way he breaks down under the wear of the season. Last year, he hit .200/.323/.429 in the second half of the season, even though he only played in 83 games, with the vast majority of his playing time coming as a DH.

Giambi's offensive decline is rather radical, but he's only one member of the offense. The decline in Abreu and Matsui's offense is also concerning. Both players are key members of the Yankees offense who both scored and drove in 100 runs last year. His OBP fell right off the table from a lofty .424 to .369. As for Matsui, his AVG and SLG fell for the second straight season in 2007.

But a continued aging process isn't the only reason the Yankees offense will take a hit in 2008. As previously stated, Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada both had monster career years last year. The likeliness of either one of those players putting up back to back career years are remote. They are especially remote for Posada, a catcher in his age 35 season.

And one factor which will especially hurt the Yankees offense is their decision to DH Hideki Matsui. Defensively, it may be a necessity as Matsui's defensive abilities have really fallen off. But offensively, it forces the Yankees to play Melky Cabrera in center. And Melky, more than any other Yankee, kills New York's offense.

Any outfielder who puts up an OPS of .718 should not have a starting job on a serious contender like the Yankees. Cabrera's offensive production as a regular player ranked near dead last among the league, even when compared to the weak hitting position of centerfield.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:30 am

Yet Yankees Offense score more than 950 despite Giambi and Matsui who are both injure in 2007

I would say same thing Redsox and their Offense.

Youkilis,Pedroia will decline.. Ortiz and Manny will powers numbers and production will drop as well.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:37 am

So, according to your logic....

1- we can't compete next year without Santana...... rolleyes.gif
2- there were alternatives on the market to Posada....like LoDuca and the happy tree friends.
3- our offense is suddenly old because Posada is gonna age and decline.....yea and Cano, Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Abreu....they're not gonna show up to play.
4- we're just an average team.......yea..... that lost the division by 2 games behind your team and played better over the second half of the season
5- cashman wouldn't have given Posada a 4th year (because Varitek didn't get a ridiculous deal either)....You don't know this at all.
6- Kennedy, Melky, and Hughes are nothing to blink at.......says a fan of another team who hasn't seem them shine. Just like I would trade bucc and Masterson with Coco.....you would laugh at me...(alright maybe not all 3 but you get the point)
7- Cashman wants to get older and less flexible financially.....right...because signing older players to 1 year deals completely kills a payroll and team that takes 81mil off the books after 2007........

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where the cockiness is coming from, do you really think that because you won a world series that we're somehow a team that is now inferior and in a downward spiral. I mean, we've gotten younger and better but just because the Red Sox have better position prospects in their farm, that makes us old and inflexible? I'm not biased and I try to form the best opinion I can.....but please don't respond to a post with sarcasm and red sox goggles......Because I can do the same right back.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:06 am

I would day thing for Redsox and Pats

Boston Redroids***

Bellicheat -Pats*

Harrison use HGH

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:13 am

o –
o Theo: We Do Things Different Than The Yankees

* Text Size
* Action
* Interest

* To: ICeMan
* Unread

* 11:11 AM

Actually,

The Twins, believe it or not, pi$$ me off more than the Red Sox. At least the owners of the Red Sox spend their money on their team. They may not readily admit it, but it's true. Carl Pohlad is THE richest owner in all of baseball, yet he extorts that town into a new stadium with a sub-standard payroll. I am a a Fourth Generation Yankee Fan, and I hate the Twins MUCH more than I hate the Red Sox........for that very reason. If you have the money, don't cry poverty, and rob the people who support you of a good product.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:15 am

Hello Kitty turns attention to young men

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_on_fe_st/japan_hello_kitty_for_men

TOKYO - Hello Kitty is no sexist.

The cute cuddly white cat from Japan's Sanrio Co., usually seen on toys and jewelry for girls and young women, will soon don T-shirts, bags, watches and other products targeting young men, company spokesman Kazuo Tohmatsu said Friday.

"We think Hello Kitty is accepted by young men as a design statement in fashion," he said.

The feline for-men products will go on sale in Japan next month, and will be sold soon in the U.S. and other Asian nations, according to Sanrio.

The usual bubble-headed shape of Hello Kitty was slightly changed for a more rugged, cool look to appeal to men in their teens and early 20s.

For example, a picture of the cat on a $36 black T-shirt has the words, "hello kitty," instead of the usual dots for the eyes and nose.

Hello Kitty is one of mascot-obsessed Japan's biggest "character" hits, decorating everything from a humble eraser to a $48,000 diamond necklace.

The planned products mark the first time Sanrio is developing Hello Kitty items especially for males, Tohmatsu said.

But Sanrio had tried a "limited edition" collaboration in men's clothing with designers in Tokyo's chic Harajuku section earlier this year, and they proved popular, he said.

"Young men these days grew up with character goods," said Tohmatsu. "That generation feels no embarrassment about wearing Hello Kitty."

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:04 pm

The article you reference is penned by Jon Heyman who is desperate to create a story, telling us we HAVE to sign Santana, we CAN't let the Red Sox get him. First, he's wrong. We don't have to do anything. Second, how does Heyman know he'll go to the Red Sox? Third, I'm tired of media members thinking they can dictate what this team does. If we did sign his buddy Santana, Heyman would be out 2 seconds later about how unfair baseball is, the Yankees are greedy pigs, no one else can compete they're so bad. For this and other reasons, I don't want Santana. And keep Phil Hughes.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:05 pm

QUOTE(BostonBoy18 @ Dec 17 2007, 01:23 AM) *
IT EFFECTS BOTH TEAMS. THEY BOTH HAVE TO PLAY IN THE SAME CONDITIONS, ON THE SAME FIELD. BUT IT FAVORS THE JETS.

In the same way, the Snow, Sleet, Freezing Rain, Wind and Ice favored the Patriots and NOT the Colts in the AFC Championship game a few years back. Because we did not have an explosive Aerial attack, Indianapolis did.

Yeah look at our fucking running game and say that.

Fucking idiot.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Draft order:
1.) Dolphins
2.) Rams
3.) Falcons
4.) Chiefs
5.) Raiders
6.) Jets
7.) Patriots

Todd McShay- Should they stay or should they go now?

Updated: December 28, 2007, 2:20 PM ET

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3171052

The Jan. 15 deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2008 NFL draft is rapidly approaching and the clock is ticking for those still on the fence.

On one hand, what's the rush? The NFL isn't going anywhere. Title runs, individual records, improved draft stock and diplomas are just some of the temptations tugging players back to campus. But on the flip side, how many jobs offer six-, seven- or eight-digit paydays fresh out of college? Needless to say, this can be a grueling verdict to make for a young man.

As is the case this time each year, plenty of rumors are swirling but few final decisions have actually been made. But here is an underclassman scorecard that I will update weekly until the NFL releases the official list. In addition to tracking those staying and going, this list will provide a brief scouting report on those prospects still on the fence.

Note: All heights, weights and 40-yard dash times are unofficial.

Going

Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
6-foot-1½, 203 pounds, 4.45 40-yard dash
His production dipped a bit during the 2007 season, but he still possesses a first-round combination of athleticism and toughness. Phillips should extend Miami's streak of 13 consecutive years with at least one player selected in the first round.
Draft projection: Mid-to-late first round.

Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville
6-5½, 218, 4.65
Urrutia made a surprising decision following an injury-plagued 2007 season. He is a big receiver with playmaking ability on jump balls, but struggles to separate and his routes need polishing.
Draft projection: Fourth round.

Johnny Dingle, DE, West Virginia
6-3, 270, 4.80
The former Florida transfer notched 46 tackles and a team-high eight sacks for West Virginia in 2007. The 23-year-old defensive tackle will likely need to make the transition to end in the pros.
Draft projection: Fourth to fifth round.

Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tennessee State
6-5, 325, 5.30
Dunbar is an unpolished talent with a great frame. Financial hardship played a major role in his decision and he could warrant late-round consideration as a developmental prospect.
Draft projection: Late rounds or free agent.

Staying

Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
6-4, 228, 4.55
The undersized tight end made a wise decision to return to school. Beckum could easily become the first tight end taken in the 2009 draft by improving bulk and strength.

Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California
6-4, 243, 4.60
A versatile outside linebacker; Cushing could play Sam in a 4-3 scheme or rush linebacker in a 3-4 at the next level. A healthy and productive senior season should land Cushing a spot in the first round of next year's draft.

Sean Lee, OLB, Penn State
6-2, 232, 4.65
Like Paul Posluszny (Bills) and Dan Connor, Lee can show NFL scouts more versatility by moving to inside linebacker as a senior.

Rey Maualuga, ILB, Southern California
6-2½, 251, 4.68
Maualuga is arguably the most naturally gifted of USC's trio of future first-round linebackers. He also is the least polished of the three, which makes his decision to return to school a wise one.

Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
6-3½ 310, 4.96
Sims is a quick and powerful defensive tackle that notched 3.5 sacks and 15 quarterback hurries in his first season as a full-time starter in 2007. He could land a spot in the first round of the 2009 draft if his overall technique improves as a senior.

Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
6-1, 203, 4.35
Charles should be well-served by returning to school for his senior season. The speedster came on strong down the stretch and led the nation in fourth-quarter rushing yards. Another year to improve his bulk and strength could land Charles a spot on the first day of the 2009 draft.

Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
6-1, 212, 4.50
Smith burst onto the scene as the nation's leading rusher this fall. He could improve his draft stock to the first- or second-round range with a similarly productive senior campaign in 2008.

On The Fence

Offense

Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri
5-10, 225, 4.70
Biggest pro: Dual-threat ability.
Biggest con: Marginal height.
Draft projection: Third or fourth round.

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
6-2, 212, 4.40
Biggest pro: Exceptional athleticism.
Biggest con: Relatively slender lower body
Draft projection: Top five.

Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
5-11, 233, 4.50
Biggest pro: Combination of burst and power.
Biggest con: Durability.
Draft projection: First round.

Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
6-0, 202, 4.45
Biggest pro: Speed/versatility.
Biggest con: Can he handle the load?
Draft projection: Late first round

Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
5-11, 225, 4.55
Biggest pro: Physical running style.
Biggest con: Lack of elusiveness.
Draft projection: Late first or second round.

Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
5-9, 197, 4.55
Biggest pro: Natural running skills.
Biggest con: Small frame for featured back.
Draft projection: Second or third round.

Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia
5-10, 196, 4.43
Biggest pro: Speed/versatility.
Biggest con: Size/toughness.

DeSean Jackson, WR, California
6-0, 179, 4.35
Biggest pro: Open-field running.
Biggest con: Bulk/durability.
Draft projection: Early to middle first round.

Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
6-4, 217, 4.50
Biggest pro: Strong hands.
Biggest con: Disappears at times.
Draft projection: Middle to late first round.

Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
6-0, 188, 4.45
Biggest pro: Vertical pass-catching ability.
Biggest con: Not physical enough yet.
Draft projection: First or second round.

James Hardy, WR, Indiana
6-5½, 218, 4.58
Biggest pro: Exceptional package of size and athleticism.
Biggest con: Off-field baggage.

Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
6-1, 205, 4.50
Biggest pro: Route-running skills.
Biggest con: Lacks second gear in open field.
Draft projection: Second round.

Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
6-1¾, 215, 4.45
Biggest pro: Big-play potential.
Biggest con: Inexperience.

Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M
6-6½, 250, 4.75
Biggest pro: Impressive speed for frame.
Biggest con: Not as naturally athletic as straight-line speed would indicate.

Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
6-5 7/8, 249, 4.75
Biggest pro: Reliable hands.
Biggest con: Not as explosive as college production indicates.

Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida
6-4, 235, 4.65
Biggest pro: Natural athleticism.
Biggest con: Bulk/strength as a blocker.

Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
6-6, 317, 5.15
Biggest pro: Combination of frame and feet.
Biggest con: Lacking explosive power.
Draft projection: Mid-first round.

Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
6-5, 323, 5.15
Biggest pro: Combination of size, feet and strength.
Biggest con: Unpolished technique.

Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
6-7½ 340, 5.25
Biggest pro: Natural athleticism for his size.
Biggest con: Inexperience as juco transfer in 2007.

Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
6-5, 335, 5.30
Biggest pro: Mauling run-blocker.
Biggest con: Range in pass protection.

Defense

Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State
6-3 5/8, 255, 4.65
Biggest pro: Combination of power, quickness and motor.
Biggest con: Smaller frame.

Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
6-4½, 250, 4.65
Biggest pro: Athleticism for his frame.
Biggest con: Bulk and strength versus the run.

Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
6-7 5/8, 279, 4.80
Biggest pro: Frame.
Biggest con: Struggles to beat the double team.

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
6-5, 289, 4.75
Biggest pro: Versatility; can play power end in 4-3 scheme and/or five technique in 3-4.
Biggest con: Top-end speed.

Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
6-6½ 255, 4.55
Biggest pro: Explosive closing burst, especially for his frame.
Biggest con: Inexperienced.
Draft projection: Third round.

James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
6-2½ 244, 4.55
Biggest pro: Versatility.
Biggest con: Needs to become more consistent versus the run.
Draft projection: Top 15.

Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
6-2½ 240, 4.65
Biggest pro: Range versus run and in coverage.
Biggest con: Taking on blockers.
Draft projection: Late first or second round

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
6-1, 203, 4.45
Biggest pro: Playmaking instincts.
Biggest con: Lacks ideal quickness in and out of cuts.

Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
6-1½ 201, 4.50
Biggest pro: Ball skills at CB, WR and RS.
Biggest con: Turning and running versus faster receivers.

Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
5-10, 190, 4.40
Biggest pro: Consistency in man-to-man coverage.
Biggest con: Lack of ideal size.

Todd McShay is the director of college football scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been evaluating prospects for the NFL draft since 1998

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 pm

I agree JT, i like Chad Henne but that doesnt really matter. Ray Lucas made a good point that I agree with. He said that you cant fully evaluate Kellen until he has at least a solid offensive line in front of him. Now, he has done very little to impress me so far, and i am all about drafting a guy in the middle to later rounds just for some competition, but i want to see Kellen with some time to make decisions before i want him gone for sure.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:21 pm

2008 NFL Draft Order, Final

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=192

1. Miami 1-15, 138 opponent wins
2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
3 (tie). Kansas City 4-12, 132, 3-9 AFC
3 (tie). Oakland 4-12, 132, 4-8 AFC
3 (tie). Atlanta 4-12, 132
6. New York Jets 4-12, 134
7. San Francisco (held by New England) 5-11, 119
8. Baltimore 5-11, 132
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 118
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123

Contract terms for 2007 first-round picks

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2007/signingchart07.htm

To more accurately reflect the actual value of first-round rookie contracts, Pro Football Weekly has revamped the way in which it presents that information, beginning with the 2006 rookie class. As shown in the following table for 2007 first-round picks, the four new categories (left to right) indicate: (1) contract length in years — because deals sometimes contain "voidable" years that are almost certain to be voided, we report the "real" number of years; (2) actual guaranteed money after options; (3) total five-year value based upon achieving minimum playing-time thresholds; and (4) maximum contract value — if all incentives are met. The five-year value is considered a more realistic total-earning figure, given that many incentives will not be met and a rookie contract will likely be ripped up and redone prior to the final year of the deal.
Pk. Pos., Player, Team Date signed Real yrs. Guaranteed after options Five-year real value Max. value w/incentives
1 QB JaMarcus Russell, Oak.
2 WR Calvin Johnson, Det. Aug. 3 6 $27.2 mil. $36.9 mil. $64.0 mil.
3 OT Joe Thomas, Cle. July 26 5 $23.0 mil. $33.5 mil. $42.5 mil.
4 DE Gaines Adams, T.B. July 26 5 $19.3 mil. $26.0 mil. $45.0 mil.
5 OT Levi Brown, Ari. Aug. 2 6 $22.9 mil. $22.9 mil. $62.0 mil.
6 FS LaRon Landry, Was. July 30 5 $17.5 mil. $22.0 mil. $41.5 mil.
7 RB Adrian Peterson, Min. July 29 5 $17.0 mil. $22.5 mil. $40.5 mil.
8 DE Jamaal Anderson, Atl. July 25 5 $15.4 mil. $19.2 mil. $30.9 mil.
9 WR Ted Ginn Jr., Mia. July 27 5 $14.1 mil. $17.5 mil. $21.8 mil
10 DT Amobi Okoye, Hou. July 27 5 $12.8 mil. $15.4 mil. $17.6 mil.
11 LB Patrick Willis, S.F. July 29 5 $12.0 mil. $14.4 mil. $16.7 mil.
12 RB Marshawn Lynch, Buf. July 26 5 $10.3 mil. $13.3 mil. $18.9 mil.
13 DT-DE Adam Carriker, St.L. July 27 5 $9.3 mil. $12.8 mil. $14.3 mil.
14 CB Darrelle Revis, NYJ Aug. 15
15 OLB Lawrence Timmons, Pit. July 22 5 $8.3 mil. $11.9 mil. $15.0 mil.
16 DT Justin Harrell, G.B. July 27 5 $8.1 mil. $11.8 mil. $14.5 mil.
17 DE Jarvis Moss, Den. July 28 5 $8.1 mil. $11.5 mil. $15.0 mil.
18 CB Leon Hall, Cin. July 28 5 $8.2 mil. $11.0 mil. $13.6 mil.
19 S Michael Griffin, Ten. July 27 5 $8.2 mil. $10.5 mil. $13.3 mil.
20 CB Aaron Ross, NYG July 27 5 $8.0 mil. $10.0 mil. $13.5 mil.
21 FS Reggie Nelson, Jax. July 27 5 $7.2 mil. $9.8 mil. $13.4 mil.
22 QB Brady Quinn, Cle. Aug. 7 5 $7.8 mil. $9.3 mil.

$30.0 mil.
23 WR Dwayne Bowe, K.C. Aug. 5 5 $6.5 mil. $9.0 mil. $11.8 mil.
24 FS Brandon Meriweather, N.E. July 28 5 $6.3 mil. $8.8 mil. $11.6 mil.
25 LB Jon Beason, Car. Aug. 5 5 $6.3 mi. $8.3 mil. $11.4 mil.
26 OLB Anthony Spencer, Dal. July 26 5 $6.4 mil. $9.0 mil. $9.0 mil.
27 WR Robert Meachem, N.O. July 24 5 $5.7 mil. $8.2 mil. $11.3 mil.
28 OT Joe Staley, S.F. July 16 5 $5.5 mil. $7.9 mil. $10.7 mil.
29 OG Ben Grubbs, Bal. July 27 5 $5.5 mil. $7.9 mil. $10.6 mil.
30 WR Craig Davis, S.D. July 23 5 $5.4 mil. $7.8 mil. $11.1 mil.
31 TE Greg Olsen, Chi. July 3 5 $5.4 mil. $7.8 mil. $10.7 mil.
32 WR Anthony Gonzalez, Ind. July 26 5 $5.4 mil. $7.5 mil. $10.3 mil.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:25 pm

The 2008 NFL Amateur Draft order:

If Tennessee beats Indianapolis tonight:

2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
8. Baltimore 5-11, 132
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 118
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123
11 (tie). Buffalo 7-9, 132
11 (tie). Denver 7-9, 132
13. Carolina 7-9, 134
14. Chicago 7-9, 139, 2-4 NFC North
15. Detroit 7-9, 139, 3-3 NFC North
16. Arizona 8-8, 111
17. Minnesota 8-8, 129
18. Houston 8-8, 132
19. Philadelphia 8-8, 144
20. Tampa Bay 9-7, 120
21. Washington 9-7, 142
22. Cleveland 10-6, 110, no playoffs (pick held by Dallas)
23. Seattle 10-6, 106
24. Pittsburgh 10-6, 116
25. Tennessee 10-6, 128
26. New York Giants 10-6, 132
27. San Diego 11-5, 128
28. Jacksonville 11-5, 132
29. Green Bay 13-3, 120
30. Dallas 13-3, 127
31. Indianapolis 13-3, 132 (pick held by San Francisco)
32. New England 16-0, 120 (no pick).

If Indianapolis beats Tennessee tonight:

2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
6. New York Jets 4-12, 133
8. Baltimore 5-11, 133
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 117
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123
13. Carolina 7-9, 134
16. Arizona 8-8, 111
17. Minnesota 8-8, 129
18. Houston 8-8, 132
20. Tennessee 9-7, 130, no playoffs
21. Tampa Bay 9-7, 120
22. Washington 9-7, 142
23. Seattle 10-6, 106
24. Cleveland 10-6, 110 (pick held by Dallas)
25. Pittsburgh 10-6, 116
27. San Diego 11-5, 128
29. Green Bay 13-3, 120
30. Dallas 13-3, 127
31. Indianapolis 14-2, 130 (pick held by San Francisco)
32. New England 16-0, 121 (no pick).

Note that Kansas City, Oakland and Atlanta will be involved in potentially a two-tiered coin flip. The first flip, between Kansas City and Atlanta, will determine the 3rd pick. If Atlanta wins that flip, Kansas City will pick 4th and Oakland 5th. If Kansas City wins that flip, a second coin flip, between Oakland and Atlanta, will determine the 4th and 5th picks.

Buffalo and Denver will also flip a coin for the 11th and 12th picks.

These coin flips would take place about a month before the draft.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 pm

The 2008 NFL Amateur Draft order:

If Tennessee beats Indianapolis tonight:

2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
8. Baltimore 5-11, 132
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 118
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123
13. Carolina 7-9, 134
16. Arizona 8-8, 111
17. Minnesota 8-8, 129
18. Houston 8-8, 132
20. Tampa Bay 9-7, 120
21. Washington 9-7, 142
22. Cleveland 10-6, 110, no playoffs (pick held by Dallas)
23. Seattle 10-6, 106
24. Pittsburgh 10-6, 116
25. Tennessee 10-6, 128
27. San Diego 11-5, 128
29. Green Bay 13-3, 120
30. Dallas 13-3, 127
31. Indianapolis 13-3, 132 (pick held by San Francisco)
32. New England 16-0, 120 (no pick).

#7 pick Pats behind The Jets

Imagine If The Jets pass on drafting Darren Mcfadden , then Pats draft him?

for all mcfadden lovers like Myself, There's possibility Jets still get him

miami - ronnie brown was a pro bowler until he got injured

rams - stephen jackson

atlanta - they need a QB more than a RB

oakland - they have fargas, and they might be more concerned about proteting russell, or taking gholston (al davis loves freaks of nature)

kansas city - they have larry johnson, should be more concerned with QB and Oline.

Mcfadden being available certainly could happen.

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:45 pm

Nick,

I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells trades down, because this team needs all the draft picks it can get. Dorsey is obviously a good player, but he's also had a few injury problems this season, which could scare the Dolphins away (I don't know this for sure right now, just speculating).

But friends or not, if the Cowboys want to trade up to the No. 1 spot, they're going to have to come up with a better package than that. They need to add at least one more pick, and I don't mean a seventh-rounder.

Those are my thoughts right now. Hope that helps.

Carl Kotala
Florida Today

RedMagma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next